Prosperity – God’s Will For Us
“I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” –3 John 1:2 (NKJV)
Prosper means to grow, thrive, do well, be successful.
And that’s what God wants for us, in every area of our lives: to prosper
Prosperity is more than just money.
There are other types of prosperity besides financial that God wants for us. Here’s 6 of them:
- Spiritual Prosperity – First of all, we must accept Jesus as our Savior and be born again. When we do so, our spirit is reborn and we belong to God and enter into His kingdom.
- Emotional/Mental Prosperity – The devil tries to influence our minds with thoughts of depression, suicide etc, anything that tears us down so that we become emotionally unstable.
God wants us to be in control of our thoughts/emotions so that we can think and live right.
“For as he thinks in his heart, so is he…”Proverbs 23:7
- Physical Prosperity – God does not want us sick. He wants us well. He never puts sickness on us to test us or teach us something. That’s a lie from the devil. He wants us to walk in divine health and healing all the days of our life.
“The Lord has taken my griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses and distresses) and carried my sorrows and pains. He was wounded for my transgression, bruised for my guilt and iniquities; the chastisement needed for my peace and well-being was upon Jesus, and by His stripes I am healed and made whole.” Isaiah 53:4-5:
- Relational Prosperity – God wants us to have healthy family relationships and friendships. We weren’t meant to do life by ourselves. We need friends and family that support and help us succeed in life.
- Accomplishment Prosperity – God grants us favor; favor in our jobs, favor in our relationships, favor in life. Favor opens doors and opportunities for us that would never have happened otherwise. God wants us to succeed in life. When you succeed, you prosper.
- Financial Prosperity – Yes! God wants us to prosper financially so that we can take care of our families and be well able to further advance His kingdom and help support the Gospel being preached around the world. God does not want us to be poor and humble. That’s a lie from the devil. The devil wants us to have a poverty mentality to keep us from prospering and helping others. When we are broke, we cannot help ourselves, let alone help further the work of the Lord.
When we prosper not just financially but in all other areas of life, we can shine the light into this dark world and be able to truly bless and help others in need.