5 Ways To Prioritize Your Time (to get more done)
Do you ever feel like the things you should do are not getting done?
Are other things stealing your time and at the end of the day, nothing gets done on your to-do list?
The work that we do deserves to be a top priority so we can get more done.
Here are 5 ways we can do that:
- Work at your best – If you’re a morning person, work in the morning. If you’re a night owl, work at night. You will be more efficient and get more done when you do it at your most productive time.
- Make a priority to-do list – Create a list of all the projects you have to do and arrange them in order of importance or urgency. In other words, prioritize them. By prioritizing your projects, you are prioritizing your time.
Start working on the most important or urgent one first, then the next one, etc. That way, at the end of the day, you would have tackled the more significant projects and been more productive.
- Set a deadline – When you give yourself a certain amount of time to complete a project, you become more focused on getting it done because you have a deadline. It then becomes a priority and you will make the time to do it by putting aside other unnecessary stuff so you can meet that deadline.
- Say No to other stuff – Say no to other things so you can say yes to sewing. You don’t have to do everything everyone asks you to do. You can’t and should not be all things to all people. If you need to get that project done and a friend wants you to go to the movies with her, tell her you have work to do and ask if you can reschedule. He/She will understand. You can always go another time. Making your work a priority sometimes means you have to say no. And that’s okay.
- Be flexible – You can still prioritize and get more work done anytime throughout the day if you are flexible with it. If the kids are at home and your attention is divided, simply choose those tasks that are easier and faster to do and do not require a lot of attention.
For those major tasks that require more focus and concentration, do them when you’re at your most productive or during quiet time when the kids are napping or when you’re home alone (yay!). That way, you’re always making it a priority.
We have work that needs to be done so we ought to make it a priority in our daily lives, regardless of how busy we get.
These 5 tips will help us focus and re-prioritize our daily schedules so our important to-dos always get done.