5 Ways To Make Money Sewing
You love sewing.
It’s what you think about all the time. It’s more than just a hobby to you. It’s your passion.
When you’re not sewing, you’re thinking about sewing.
And you’ve often wondered, “Can I make money sewing?”
Well, yes you can.
Here are 5 ways you can increase your income by doing what you love:
- Sell what you make – Sell your handmade items online on Etsy or eBay or locally, at craft fairs, etc. Or you can do both. Whatever you choose to make, there’s a market for it. So sell your products and earn some extra cash.
- Teach sewing classes – Many people want to learn how to sew themselves or they want their kids to learn. If you like to teach, you can teach sewing and show others what you know. You can teach kids or adults or both, and turn your hobby into a lucrative business.
- Offer Repair and Alteration Services – This is another lucrative way to make money sewing. Many people need their pants/skirts re-hemmed and their clothes adjusted to get a better fit. Some have clothing they need repaired due to rips and tears, missing buttons, broken zippers, etc. And they would be more than happy to pay you to fix their favorite shirt or dress for them.
- Specialize – Yes you can pretty much make anything but you may be more passionate in a particular area such as home decor or kids’ clothes. Specializing means you focus on one particular area and clients will come to know and rely on you as the go-to person for making items in that niche. Sewing for weddings is also a great area to specialize in. There are sewers who make a full-time income sewing wedding dresses for the bride, mother-of-the-bride, bridesmaids, flower girls, etc. The opportunities are limitless.
- Start a sewing blog – This is a great way to earn passive income. It’s not as hard as it seems. You already love sewing. Just blog about it. Blog about what projects you are working on and/or give your audience ways to help them be better sewers. You can earn a living by writing about what you know and love.
Sewing is an excellent way to increase your income. It is a skill that is always in demand. People are often looking to adjust their clothes to get the proper fit. Others would love to take sewing lessons as a hobby/skill for themselves or their kids. Many like to purchase unique, one-of-a-kind, handmade pieces that cannot be found in stores…The possibilities are endless.
So, yes, you can do what you love and get paid for it.