5 Ways To Make Money Knitting/Crocheting
You love to knit/crochet.
It’s what you think about all the time. It’s more than just a hobby for you. It’s your passion.
When you’re not knitting/crocheting, you’re thinking about knitting/crocheting.
And you’ve often wondered, “Can I make money doing this?”
Well, yes you can.
Here are 5 ways you can increase your income by doing what you love:
- Sell what you make – Sell your handmade items online on Etsy or eBay or locally, at craft fairs, etc. Or you can do both. Whatever you choose to make, there’s a market for it. So sell your items and earn some extra cash.
- Sell patterns – If you don’t have the time to make the items, another great option would be to sell the patterns that you create. Selling your own patterns is an excellent way to make passive income. You write the pattern once and get paid for it over and over again when customers download it. Many patterns are sold on Ravelry, Etsy, Craftsy, etc and your own personal website or blog if you have one.
- Teach knitting/crochet classes – Many people want to learn how to knit/crochet as a hobby or they want their kids to learn. If you like to teach, you can teach knitting/crochet and show others what you know. You can teach kids or adults or both, and turn your hobby into a lucrative business.
- Be a pattern tester – Many designers need to have their patterns tested and would pay you for it. This would be great if you don’t want the hassle of designing your own patterns and you prefer to knit/crochet someone else’s patterns. All you have to do is look for any problems you encounter while testing the pattern(s) and report it back to the designer. I’ve never tried being a pattern tester but it can be a good way to utilize your skills and get paid for it.
- Start a knitting/crochet blog – This is a great way to earn passive income. It’s not as hard as it seems. You already love to knit/crochet. Just blog about it. Blog about what projects you are working on and/or give your audience ways to help them be better knitters/crocheters. You can earn a living by writing about what you know and love.
Knitting/Crochet is an excellent way to increase your income. People are always looking for unique handmade items to purchase for themselves or as gifts. Some want to learn the skill because it is a very relaxing and therapeutic hobby.
Whatever way you choose, the money-making opportunities are endless.
So, yes, you can do what you love and get paid for it.