5 Ways To Make Extra Money This Christmas
Do you want to make some extra money for the holidays?
Well, you totally can.
Christmas is fast approaching and that means presents to buy on an already tight budget.
Here are 5 simple ways you can earn some extra money in time for the holidays:
- Sell your stuff – Have a yard or garage sale and sell what you don’t need. Most of us have items in the house we don’t use anymore. That old exercise bike, baby rocker, toys, clothes that we never wore etc, is just sitting around the house taking up space when it can be sold to others who will actually use it. A garage sale is a great way to make some extra cash fast.
- Sell your handmade crafts – many of us who are crafty or creative (sew, knit, crochet etc.) can earn some extra money with the work of our hands. Sell your items for extra cash at local craft fairs, flea markets, etc and online marketplaces such as Etsy, Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace.
- Sell your baked goods – For those of us who bake, extra money can be made selling cookies, pies, brownies, cupcakes etc. Many people go for baked goods around the holiday season more than ever so selling baked goods at places like the farmers market, local cafes and restaurants can be ideal.
- Babysit kids – Offer to babysit other kids while the adults have a night out. Most parents would love a date night or just get a break from the kids. Especially during this season there are many parties and events to attend so this is an excellent way to make some extra money.
You just might be busy every night.
- Work a seasonal job – Around this busy, hectic, holiday time, many department stores need seasonal workers. This is a great opportunity to earn some extra cash.
The hours are flexible so if you can’t do it during the day, you can work at nights when the hubby is home to watch the kids. The great thing is that if you work an average of 10 – 15 hours a week at around $10 per hour, you will have a nice chunk of change by Christmas.
The holidays are a time of joy, family time and, of course, presents, which can be tough on our budget.
But earning extra money can give us the freedom to buy gifts for our loved ones and truly have a happy Christmas.