5 Ways To Make Extra Money Online
Did you know that you can be home with the kids all day and still earn money without leaving the house?
Online, of course.
Years ago, (legitimate) online jobs were seen as a pipe dream, unrealistic, unheard of, not a real way to make money, etc.
But times have changed. Now anyone can make real money online and many SAHMs even earn a full time income from it.
Here are 5 ways you can get in on the action and earn too:
- Start a blog – This is one of the best ways to earn extra money online as a SAHM. Once you take the time and diligently work at it, you can earn income from your blog and make a living from it. That’s how many SAHMs earn a full time income just by blogging. Some moms make on average $1000 per month, some $10000, and some as much as $100,000. Sign me up please.
- Teach English online – There are many companies out there that would hire you to teach English to kids in China. One of the most popular ones is VIPKID. The pay is around $14-22 an hour. You can make as much as $2000 a month. The only downside is you have to either get up really early or stay up really late to teach because of the time difference in Beijing, China. Other than that, it’s a great way to earn some extra income online.
- Sell online – Are you a crafty, creative mom? You can make and sell your handmade items online on places such as Etsy (most popular), Ebay, Facebook Marketplace etc. A lot of moms make a great living selling the unique items they create. Many of them have been able to earn a full time income doing what they love. And you can too.
- Become a Transcriber/Captioner – Learn to transcribe audio/video files and earn some extra cash. Companies such as Rev.com hire you to do just that. It can be tedious and time-consuming but it’s a great way to supplement or earn some extra income from the comfort of your own home. Plus you get to choose when you work so you have that flexibility. You won’t become a millionaire but the more you do, the more you will earn.
- Work with Mturk – Amazon Mechanical Turk offers simple, menial tasks that anyone can do such as completing surveys, transcribing audio files, identifying objects in a photo/video etc. It’s great for earning money in your spare time. So whenever you have a few minutes of downtime, you can do a job and earn a couple dollars.
You definitely won’t become rich from it, but as they say, “Some money is better than no money.”
Look at it this way: If you just spend a few minutes per day and earn about a dollar a day and put it aside, at the end of the year you will have over $350 of holiday money. Who doesn’t love that!
Making extra money is always a good thing.
As SAHMs we often have to adjust to living on one income. While that is often doable, it’s always beneficial to have extra money as a cushion for emergencies or unexpected expenses.
Not to mention the freedom of having your own money, independent of your spouse or anyone else is always a good thing.
So try any or all of these 5 ways and start earning some extra money online today.
How else do you earn money online? Leave in the comments below.