5 Tips To Wake Up Early
Are you a natural early riser, a morning person?
If so, good for you. For the rest of us, we might need a little extra help cause the last thing we want to do is get up from our warm beds to do anything.
Mornings generally are hard and getting up earlier is even harder.
But it’s a necessary choice if we want to accomplish any great thing in life.
Here are 5 tips that will help us wake up earlier so we can get stuff done.
- Get sleep – First of all, in order to wake up successfully, you need enough rest. You might still get up early without much sleep, but you will not be fully alert and very productive. So try to get around at least 5 or 6 hours. It’s harder when you have small children/babies but still try to get as much sleep as you can.
- Set your alarm – When the alarm goes off, don’t hit the snooze button. It will be harder to wake up. Get out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off and try to do something physical to wake your body up like jumping jacks etc. or just splash some water on your face.
- Plan ahead – Prepare what things you need to work on, the night before. Lay everything out so when you get up, you’re ready to start. Having everything prepped and ready will motivate you to wake up early and get it done.
- Set the correct temperature – If your house is too cold in the morning, there’s no way you’re gonna want to get up early from under those covers. So set the thermostat to where it’s neither too hot nor too cold, but feels comfortable. It’s so much easier to get up when you’re not freezing.
- Be consistent – Once you decide to start waking up earlier in the morning, continue to do it everyday. It not only gets easier but after 21 days of doing it, it becomes a habit. Once it becomes a habit, you don’t even think about it anymore. Waking up early then becomes part of your daily routine.
Many of us have kids that seem to occupy our entire day, which doesn’t leave much time for other stuff.
So, waking up earlier while the kids are asleep, gives us that extra time to do some things before they wake up and the craziness begins.
Or, even when you plan to get things done during the day, sometimes stuff comes up unexpectedly and you don’t get to do it.
Therefore, waking up early in the morning ensures you get some stuff done so it’s well worth it.